Wesley, Rebecca, Mahlon and Sara Beth

Making memories TWO at a time!



Saturday, August 14, 2010

Birthday Party part1

We celebrated Mahlon and Sara Beth's birthday a week late to make sure daddy was home from Colorado! We had an Elmo themed backyard "splish splash" party. It was so much fun! I got lots of great pictures of the birthday boy and girl and our sweet friends and family that helped us celebrate! Don't worry I am only sharing a few... or 20 or 30!











I made a second attempt at baking 2 cookie cakes...the first was the cake I sent to school. My second cookie cake broke in half, so it was either start over (at 9pm the night before the party) or get creative...so I reshaped the cake to look like Elmo! The twins knew just who he was so that was all that mattered...not the cutest Elmo but it worked! And Cheri made the cutest and yummiest Elmo cupcakes to go along with the "Elmo" theme!

We spent the first half of the party splashing in the backyard, blowing bubbles and playing on the new see-saw! The biggest hit was the kiddie slide that ended in the kiddie pool! I think Mahlon went down it 500 times!!



0 comments: