Wesley, Rebecca, Mahlon and Sara Beth

Making memories TWO at a time!



Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lunch date




Today my mom and I and Mahlon and Sara Beth had lunch with one of her best friends from high school Rebecca (my namesake). She invited us to her house and we had great food (chicken salad, fruit salad and cheesecake)and interaction with another adult. It was so nice to get out of the house (where I have been for 9 weeks!!)

After lunch we had our big doctor appointment...our first shots! We had a good doctors visit. Sara Beth and Mahlon both weigh 9 lbs! They are so big now and so heavy! Mahlon is 21 3/4 inches long and Sara Beth is 21 inches long. They have caught up to average size for a 7 week old...no longer premies! I have a feeling it won't be long before they are larger than average. Dr. Storey was so proud of them. She also suggested a change in their formula ( we have to supplement about 1/3 of the milk) so hopefully they won't spit up as much and sleep more. We are just a little sleep deprived!

I am blogging at 10pm...the first quiet moment we have had since 6pm. I had heard shots were bad, but I had no idea they were this bad!! These babies have got some lungs. We have never heard such screaming. They are now asleep but if anything wakes them up they just start screaming all over again. I have feeling we won't be getting any sleep tonight (and Cheri went home today, so she is not here to help!!)THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

0 comments: