Wesley, Rebecca, Mahlon and Sara Beth

Making memories TWO at a time!



Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 1 San Antonio bound

Last Wednesday we (Cheri, Mahlon, Sara Beth and I) headed to San Antonio to see Wesley...this was the babies first time to fly, and since they aren't quite 2 they got to fly for free! I don't think anyone really believed they were two...at 22 months I decided to weigh and measure them. Mahlon is 38 1/4 inches tall and weighs 35lbs, and Sara Beth is 34 3/4 inches tall and weighs almost 30lbs. They look like 3 year olds! I even had one flight attendant ask how old they were...and when I said 22 months she said "oh, that is what I thought!" YEAH RIGHT!! Everyone knows these babies are huge! HA!
Anyway our flights went very well! I was hoping for sleeping babies since it was naptime, but there was way too much going on to sleep! Luckily I packed stickers, crayons, books and lots of snacks to keep them occupied! Mahlon had one little melt down, and then crashed in Cheri's lap right before we landed in San Antonio. Sara Beth would not fall asleep until she laid eyes on her daddy! Then she crashed in the car! We got all settled into our hotel and then headed to dinner at a major whole in the wall! Wesley had heard great things about the food...they just forgot to mention the atmosphere with the stand up floor fans!! Great food, but not exactly what I was picturing on my first night in San Antonio! Then we headed back and everyone collapsed into bed...who knew flying with 2 22 month olds was that exhausting!!It was a tight spot to get some pictures on the plane. Sara Beth refused to pose for the camera. At this point Mahlon was ready for his nap...

And this is what he was doing right before he fell asleep...instead of counting sheep I think they were counting clouds!

0 comments: